Tsakalis Audioworks Zipper Mk2 Optical Compressor Pedal
The first thought that comes to mind when listening to the phrase optical compressor is no other than the old and unique Urei™ LA3A™! Our goal was to create an optical compressor with such simplicity, capabilities and warmth but at a compact size, and the result is the Zipper!
The Zipper MKII is a discreet and quiet optical compressor with tons of headroom and punch to your sound without changing your tonal character.
The hand-selected optical element provides auto adjustable Attack and Release, depending on the signal’s strength and amplitude. Select between Hard and Soft ratio from a dedicated toggle switch, Hard being 10:1 and Soft being 4:1 compression ratio.
Can be used as a maximizer or clean booster with the compress control up to 9 o’clock.
At high compress settings the sound becomes punchy and percussive perfect for “Gilmourish” licks, funk and chicken picking styles.
A high end Pro-Audio compressor at your feet!
- Handmade in Athens, Greece
- True Bypass
- Hand selected optical element
- 2 compression ratios Hard & Soft
- 1 Heavy Duty Foot-switch for enable / disable the pedal
- Power supply : Internal 9V battery clip or 99V Boss-type DC adapter (center -). Using 10V or more may cause sever damage to the pedal and void the warranty
- Max power consumption :35mA @ 9V DC
- Heavy duty & light weight aluminum box
- Dimensions : 70mm(Width) x 112mm(Length) x 50mm(Height)
- T.A.W. Limited Life-Time warranty