DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 Pedal
The Overdrive Preamp 250 is a reissue of DOD's legendary yellow, 1980s-era dirt box. This pedal delivers the same sonic signature as its predecessor but ups the ante with more output, a bright blue status LED, a modern 9V DC power supply input, true-bypass switching, and a lighter aluminum housing. The 250 boasts a straightforward 2-knob control layout, with Gain and Level knobs, enabling you to produce both subtle clipping and full-on distortion, as well as all the points between. You can use this stompbox as a standalone effect, or you can use it to front load a British-voiced high-gain amp for instant Yngwie Malmsteen-style lead tones. Decked out in an eye-catching yellow metallic flake finish, the DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 is back in all its screeching, roaring glory.
Even better than the original
The Overdrive Preamp 250 reissue not only captures the classic tone and wild character of the original pedal, but it also delivers gobs of extra output, making it more suitable for contemporary playing styles than its vintage counterpart. A crisp blue LED indicator lets you know whether the pedal is active, and a modern 9V DC input provides easy integration with your pedalboard's power supply. You also get true-bypass switching to preserve your direct tone when the unit isn't in use. A lightweight aluminum chassis and a sleek yellow metallic flake finish round out the Overdrive Preamp 250's new features.
Delivers subtle sweetness or all-out grind
You can coax many different tones from the DOD Overdrive Preamp 250's two control knobs. This stompbox's Gain knob controls the amount of distortion, from a little bit of dirt to absolute saturation. Level ranges from subtle body for "always on" performance to a substantial boost that helps your solos cut through a hard-rocking band.
DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 Pedal Features:
- A reimagining of the '80s-era DOD Overdrive Preamp 250
- Delivers the same sonic signature as the original stompbox but with more output
- Gain knob dials in everything from a little bit of dirt to absolute saturation
- Level ranges from subtle "always on" sweetening to a substantial solo boost
- Sounds great as a standalone distortion effect and stacks well with other dirt boxes
- Use it to front load a British-voiced high-gain amp for instant Yngwie Malmsteen-style lead tones
- Bright blue LED indicator lets you know whether the pedal is active
- Modern 9V DC input provides easy integration with your pedalboard's power supply
- True-bypass switching preserves your direct tone when the unit isn't in use
- Lightweight aluminum housing with an eye-catching yellow metallic flake finish