Electro-Harmonix Hell Melter Distortion Pedal
Designed around the boss of all heavy metal distortion circuits, the Electro-Harmonix Hell Melter dishes out blasphemous quantities of Swedish-flavored, chainsaw-buzz carnage. This red-hot guitar effects pedal takes a tried-and-true formula to new depths, augmenting the classic, in-your-face high-gain sound of an early-'80s stompbox with expanded EQ options, increased output, and a whole horde of new bloodcurdling sonic capabilities. You also get Normal and Burn modes for extended clipping possibilities, a Dry Level control for maintaining clarity under severe circumstances, and a footswitchable boost section for applications that require absolute incineration. To top it off, the Hell Melter includes a built-in noise gate for taming the intermittent artifacts that surface between chugs. If you want to conquer the extreme metal underworld, the EXH Hell Melter is the pedal to do it with.
Built for entombment and dismemberment
The early-'80s distortion pedal that inspired the Hell Melter was capable of all sorts of sonic devastation, so much so that its sound has become synonymous with the Swedish death metal sound. Electro-Harmonix has taken this cult-classic buzzsaw tone to new levels of depravity with expanded controls and new sonic possibilities. For starters, the Hell Melter offers more output than its predecessor. It boasts an active EQ, with a parametric Mids control for precision midrange sculpting (scooping?). Its Normal/Burn switch toggles between the classic chainsaw sound and another that boosts the pedal's internal voltage for increased headroom, less compression, and a heavier attack. A Dry Level control allows for blending your input signal for improved low end under extreme distortion. You also get a footswitchable boost section, plus a built-in noise gate for eradicating the hiss inherent in high-gain situations.
Electro-Harmonix Hell Melter Distortion Pedal Features:
- Designed around the boss of all heavy metal distortion circuits
- Serves up the prototypical Swedish chainsaw-buzz guitar tone
- Delivers more output than its predecessor
- Separate Level and Distortion knobs
- Active EQ with a parametric Mids control for precision midrange sculpting
- Normal/Burn switch toggles between the classic chainsaw sound and a more open clipping option
- Dry Level control allows for blending your input signal for improved low end under extreme distortion
- Footswitchable boost section for applications that require absolute incineration
- Built-in noise gate eradicates the hiss inherent in high-gain situations
- Comes with a 9V power supply